Comenius will accompany Magnus Hesenthaler, who is by him now, to Leyden and greet Mr. Hornejus there among others. Comenius replies to Hatrlib's letter briefly.
1. He will send somebody else in place of Vetter and remind Podivinus of the need for discretion and perseverance.
2. He is sorry for Hartlib's bad health. They have to wait for Rulice with the matter concerning some proposal to De Geer because he knows better how to approach him.
3. He sent him twelve copies of Lux in Tenebris week ago and he will send more soon.
4. He would like to know what more can be done about the universal character. He will treat about it with Mr. Hornejus.
5. He sends what he knows about the state of the Castle in Heidelberg
6. Ulrich speaks highly about Hartlib and Pell and favours Comenius' didactical labours. He wants to introduce his Method into the schools.
7. He informs Hartlib about the mystical chronology of Johan-Jacob Hainlin.
Comenius sends something from Figulus and news about Swedes.
Lux in Tenebris; universal character; Didactica; Realia
10. Aug. St. n. Salutem Plurimam. Ad prolixiores Tuas, dilecte, breviores reponam, qvia distrahor valde.
3 Wrangelium immisit in [Bremensem], ad rapiendum Brömeferd. 4 Sveci irruptione facta in Scaniam, occuparunt urbem quandam. Vale!
plus n[on] licet, 10 Aug.
Tuus I Comenius.